Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flashback to a sunny day

Today, is an anniversary of sorts. On February 11th 2005 Drew and I got engaged. That day was a beautiful, balmy winter day, just like today.
Drew had said "Why don't we take a ferry ride across Elliott Bay . . . just for fun."
I have to say I was pretty suspicious. I knew he would pop the question sooner or later and I was hoping for sooner!
The trip was filled with one mishap after another
. . . We got stuck at some train tracks and missed the ferry. Normally, it would have been no big deal but on this occasion I started to cry!! I didn't want Drew's plans to be messed up and prevent him from proposing! I can't imagine what he thought of me . . . so emotional over missing a silly ferry!
. . . We ended up catching another ferry but as we were standing in line a pair of plastic wineglasses fell out of his jacket pocket. On any normal occasion I would have grilled him to find out why in the world he had glasses in his pocket. But this time I certainly didn't want to spoil the mood so I just excepted his lame excuse of "just in case we get thirsty."
When the boat finally left, with the sparkling Seattle skyline in the background, Drew got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.
And here we are 4 years later, on another sunny February day, with our baby girl!

No comments: