Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Tradition . . . Rain or Shine

It has become a family tradition to cut down our own Christmas tree on the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Along with my parents, we hit up our favorite breakfast spot - The Maltby Cafe - then drive all the way to Arlington to the tree farm. We sing Christmas carols and talk about what we want for Christmas.
This year was especially "fun" because it was poooouuuurrrring rain. Drew loves it when I have use the Northwest gear I own like waterproof boots and jacket.
So all bundled up we cut down our tree - it wasn't much of a surprise that we settled on a tree that was literally 5 feet from the car.
Always the Northwest kid - Ellie loving the rain!
The perfect tree - in the perfect location
Happy kid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tradition from when you were about 12 on....glad to be part of it when you were young,
DA!! I bet I could dig up some old photos!

Shaneen said...

you picked a winner! xo