Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring is Springing!

Due to my lack of posts as of late I have a random smattering of photos to share but first (drum roll please) I have MAJOR news to share . . . . . .!!!!
 
 
Ellie just put her entire head underwater and swam across the hot tub!!!!
 
This is big BIG news for a kid that would barely put her nose in just months ago.
 
It just cracks me up because Ellie has always been this way - she won't do something AT ALL for months and then all of a sudden she does it completely and perfectly.
Examples - talking . . . I remember we had her evaluated by the Early Intervention Program because she hadn't spoken one word at 20 months.  I swear the next day she started talking in sentences.
 
Walking . . .  this is the kid that never crawled but one day got up and walked across the room.
 
Potty training . . . would have nothing to do with a kid potty but once she decided to go on the toilet she has NEVER had an accident!
 
School work . . . she refused to practice writing her letters for the longest time but then all of sudden she could write her name.
 
HA!
 
I must remember this . . . she is a kid who waits until she can do something well before she shows it off.  She works on new skills quietly and then BAM! she's got it!
 
 
Writing love notes to each other

 First sleep over with one of her besties - Rowan.  Complete success!!
 
 
 
 Decorating bunny cookies with Grammy!

 Cute little girl discovering how to work our rotary phone
 
Happy Birthday Ma-Mop!!


1 comment:

Shaneen said...

Yay Ellie! She's got no lack of personality, does she? Also, what an insanely awesome bob haircut she rocks! I mean, that's a great haircut. :) Love her. And y'all.
xoxoxo