Monday, February 3, 2014

Another busy month

During the crazy holiday season, I always keep up hope that January and February will be less wild!
 
I need to stop doing that.
January's calendar was even more full than December's!!
A trip to Canada, a wedding shower and oh yeah, THE SUPER BOWL!
 
 
Mum and I headed up to Campbell River to visit family last week.  It's been over a year since we'd been up but Ellie still remembered everything about Auntie Nana's house!
I loved watching her play with the same box of Barbie's that I played with when I was little
 
It was so foggy while we were there you could barely see the beach across the street from Auntie Nana's house!! 
But we still bundled up and went down to the beach one day to look for crabs.
 
My beautiful beach, loving girl!
 
 Cousin Thomas and Jude having a chat
 
 Cousins!  The new generation all except for Lucie.
Mila - 3, Bryce - 16 months, Ellie - 6, Nicholas - 3, Jude - 3, Nora Lynn - almost 3
That is A LOT of 3 year olds!
 
 Mila, Ellie and Nora Lynn being silly,
Mila's mom, Melissa, and Nora Lynn's dad, Shea, and I played dress up in the playhouse at the town-site for hours during our childhood.  Now our kids are doing the same.
Love it!
 
 Baby Bryce loves her cousin Brent!!
 
 Love these women!
 
 
Then 2 days after we got back from Canada, I helped throw a shower for our friend Kei.
 Our Mad Men Cocktail Party theme was a total success!
What's not to love - a full bar, a bartender, vintage dress, hats encouraged and games. 
 




 Our friend Kai worked the bar for the first hour of the party.  He did a fabulous job!
 

 Most of these ladies are headed to Hawaii for the wedding in just a few weeks!
 
 
Oh yeah, and then this happened . . .
THE SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPER BOWL!! 
These people make winter tolerable -
weekly get togethers with our fabulous group of friends and a winning football season!
 
Now only 6 months until next season starts!
Go hawks!


No comments: