Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rosie, Roseola

Ellie had her first illness last week!  She spiked a fever early in the week and it lasted for 3 days.  After 48 hours of a fever the doctor said to bring her in.  I was not happy about taking her because I knew they would do tests and I also knew it was probably a virus and there would be no treatment. 
All was true . . . they took urine and blood to check for a bacterial infection and everything came back negative.  Just a virus.  Ellie was a trooper through it all.
I swear the fever broke the moment we left the doctors office!!!
So the next day we headed up to Canada to visit family.  Ellie was still a little bit fussy and not quite back to her cheerful self.  
Then as we were swimming in the hot tub I noticed a rash over her entire stomach and back.  
ROSEOLA!
I knew it immediately.  It's a very common infection in kids up to 4 years old.  It starts with a feverthen once the fever breaks a rash develops 1-2 days later.  Luckily, the rash isn't itchy.  She started feeling better the next day.
And new she's back to her old self.

No comments: