Thursday, December 25, 2008

And a very merry Christmas it was . . .

We had a wonderful Christmas today filled with family, gifts, games, food, drink, laughter and snow!
To sum up . . .
- In addition to the 12" of snow already on the ground it steadily snowed all morning adding another 2 or 3"! My first white Christmas!
- We ate at least 8 meals, included the Ocampo family tradition of Menudo!
- Shaneen and I won every game we played, to Drew's obvious chagrin
- Carols were sung, followed by John Prine songs
- Laura orchestrated a ridiculously silly and fun game where we played Christmas carols on little whistles. I almost peed my pants!!
-We drank Baileys and coffee, mimosas, more champagne, red wine and white wine . . . sufficed to say a glass was never empty
We started the season saying "Ellie doesn't need any Christmas gifts, she won't know the difference." I guess the grandparents didn't get that memo because she had many many gifts to open. Although she didn't really get the idea of unwrapping she sure enjoyed the end result!

No comments: