Monday, January 26, 2009

1 piece of big news, 1 adorable video and 1 correction

First and most importantly . . .
Ellie said her first word!!
She has been babbling for quite awhile and, yes, she did say Obama on election night but so far she hasn't been able to consistently repeat these acheivments.
But over the weekend Ellie would point to Drew and say "Dad"
Yes, it's official. Ellie's first word was dad!
Now when we walks in the door or we point to him and say "Who's that?"
she quickly responds . . . "Dad!"
Another fun stage has emerged over the weekend. Ellie has been loving to put on my shoes and walk around in them, looking quite proud of herself.
Can't wait till we can play dress up!

And finally, one correction . . . As my mum read the blog tonight she was shocked and dismayed to read the post "Where are the stripes." In that post I had written "I made these curtains when we moved in our condo"

OK, so that's not exactly true.

I am certainly not a sewer. Not only do I not have the patience and meticulous mind but did you know there is a heck of a lot of ironing involved in sewing! Yuk.

So let's give credit where credit is due . . . The fabulous curtains in our living room were designed by yours truly but sewn by my dear sweet (and very astute) mother!

1 comment:

Matthew and Lisa said...

First word! That's a big deal!!! How exciting!