Monday, June 29, 2009

As promised . . .

So here is an update of what is really going on in my life.
I am obsessed with
Twilight
If you have never heard of this phenomenon (doubtful) it is a series of teenage vampire books.
Yes, you got it, I'm obsessed with a young adult fiction novel!
I started reading the first book on the flight home from Atlanta and finished the 4th book on Saturday. I have even read the unfinished draft of 'Midnight Sun' (the first book from Edwards perspective) on the authors website.
I am feeling wholly depressed today. Knowing there is no more Twilight for me to digest.
Yes I still have the movie, but I know full well that it will never live up to the scenes I have created in my mind.
I have been pondering why I am so in love with this story.
Here are a few of my theories:
- The first blush of love is always the best
- The books are a quick read (obviously, I read over 3000 pages in 2 weeks)
- The romance is sexy, not smutty
- The story is well-told and enthralling
So now you know the reason for my scant posts over the last few weeks.

My little vampire, showing her fangs ;)

No comments: