Thursday, September 16, 2010

Step One

This week marked a major milestone in Ellie's school career.
She had her first day of drop-off preschool.
We have belonged to this co-op preschool for 1 1/2 years but I've always stayed at school with her.
I was a little worried about drop-off day since she wouldn't even play in the playground by herself last year.
But we've been talking about drop-off day all summer and much to my surprise it was easy as pie!
Happy girl! She was so proud of herself.
Ellie has talked about her friend McCormick ALL summer. He's such a sweet little guy and they actually stood still for a photo! Doesn't she look grown up??!! When I got her set up at the art table and told her I would see her later she looked up at me and said "bye mum" eeek! I felt a few pangs pf separation but I quickly got over it and ran to the coffee shop to enjoy a cup of tea and 2 hours all by myself!

1 comment:

Laura said...

what a big girl!
I'm so proud of Ellie
love,
grammie