When we bought our house a couple years ago I was so excited that there was a hot tub in the backyard! I spend most every afternoon in the bathtub so being able to sit outside and chat with Drew while getting my warm water fix is the best!
The funny thing is that our hot tub happens to be a piece of sh*t!
Drew has spent many hours working on it - installing a new motor, moving it to a better place in the yard, fixing leaks.
Yet, it still sits on a bit of an angle and has a few slow leaks but oh well. We go in it all the time and it's the only time of the day when we actually get to spend *quiet* time together.
Last night during one of our hot tub chats we were talking about how right now our life is completely consumed by the kids.
My career is on hold and breaks are practically non-existent.
We are in the thick of it.
It's hard to imagine a time when the kids will do things for themselves, have sleep-overs at friends houses, watch movies we like too, have dinner table conversation that doesn't include 'I spy'.
Even though that freedom sounds wonderfully delicious I also know I will miss the baby stages when they go.
So Drew and I will continue to remind each other that time does pass and kids will grow and change. And that although the kids want our attention constantly right now - one day we will be begging them for their attention
Here is a few pics from inside the trenches . . .
Last weekend we took the kids to the Seattle Children's Museum.
Jude's favorite room was the Lego room. Taking after his cousin Jules!


No comments:
Post a Comment