went to urgent care!
She normally is a pretty tough kid but we could tell it hurt so so bad.
Unlike a lot of moms, I tend to err on the side of "nah it's fine" instead of freaking out.
But after waiting a few hours we realized the pain wasn't getting any better and the pressure beneath her toenail would probably need to be relieved.
Ellie was pretty nervous but luckily my brother reminded me of a important family tradition.
The Brave Stick!
When Devin was little he cracked his head open on the coffee table corner. While waiting for stitches in the ER, dad pulled out an ordinary ball point pen and deemed it the brave stick.
Ellie's eyes widened when I took the brave stick out of my purse. She never put it down the entire time we were there.
Thank goodness my dad has such a great imagination and my brother has such a good memory!!
I am amazed that she is so strong and was a total trooper!
Three cheers for the brave stick!
5 comments:
Poor thing! My coworker just posted on Facebook that she pried up her daughter's toenail for the same sort of injury, at home! Seriously?! Glad you took her to urgent care and good job Ellie!
my whole body is in pain just thinking about her toe injury!! what a brave girl and hurray for that trusty " brave stick". I'm not so sure it would work on Jules.
oh wow. that sounds like THE WORST PAIN ever. i love her so much and hope that it feels way better. and that she has forgotten the pain...kisses.
You are SUCH a good mom! You took her there by yourself and made her feel so good with the "Brave stick." I love you
Love the brave stick! That totally sounds like your Dad. So sweet.
Post a Comment