Disneyland truly is the happiest place on earth. And this year there were only a few tears and nearly constant fun!
I am truly a believer that EVERY age is perfect for Disneyland. When we went almost 2 years ago Ellie was SO in love with the princesses but was pretty scared of the the rides.
This year she loved EVERYTHING and Jude was absolutely in awe.
I completed hours of statistical analysis of when is the best time to visit the park. Our choices this year were early June or the week of Thanksgiving.
I'm so glad we picked spring. It wasn't busy and the weather was perfection!
This year we also vowed to go slowly and enjoy the park at the pace of the kids.
It was great! We got there right when the park opened everyday but took our time, stopped to meet characters that were always on Main Street in the morning, stop for photo ops and do rides twice when they loved them.
I was really worried that Jude would get dizzy on the tea cups but Drew convinced me that he would love it. Drew was right!
Disneyland has changed the way they do characters. It used to be all the princesses would just walk around the park and you'd have to fight your way to the front of the mob to get a quick photo with them.
Now most princesses have an area where they appear and you stand in line to see them. Now, while standing in line for 45 minutes to meet Merida wasn't the best part of the day - getting 5 minutes with her was one of the highlights of the trip!
Merida was so sweet and took so much time with Ellie and Jude. She taught them to dance like her bear brothers, signed their autograph books and posed for dozens of photos.
Another big change since the Disney of my youth is that you can drink in California Adventure! This is BIG news for weary parents. Most evenings we would all head over to California Adventure, get a beer or glass of wine and find a shady spot. We caught the Pixar parade one day and let the kids play in the Bugs Land splash pad in their clothes too!! After all, happy hour is the most important hour of the day!
After our previous experience with a nervous Ellie on our last trip I wasn't about to push any rides. But after a few successes - Ellie asked to go on Pirates of the Caribbean.
Jude wasn't scared of anything so I wasn't too worried about him.
We all watched Ellie super closely to see if she was nervous and to our utter amazement - SHE LOVED IT!
After the first ride - Ellie and Jude begged to go on again - so we ran around and hopped right back on. I think we did Pirates 12 times in 4 days!
The whole family loves Pirates! Yippee!!
More ride success. Ellie still loved the Toon Town Roller Coaster.
Although I will post a hilarious series of pictures from the first time she rode it this trip - she was a little nervous but quickly remembered she loves thrills just like her mama and dad!
Ocamps and Nobles do Disneyland 2013!
After such a fun trip we decided we will make it a priority to go to Disneyland every other year. I can't imagine any year being more fun than this one though!!
I have about 300 more pictures and videos to post. So here is a little teaser of the cuteness that was Jude. He absolutely LOVED the characters and for some reason decided to wish Mickey "Happy Birthday" the first time he saw him. Too cute!
1 comment:
Cannot stop laughing at Jude's little faces! Glad it was a great trip!
Post a Comment