Monday, October 28, 2013

I know, I know

yes, yes - it's been awhile
Blogging has just moved to the bottom of my to-do list.
One of the reasons is I decided no more lap-top in front of the TV.  I realized evening TV time is one of the only times during the day where Drew and I get to chat uninterrupted so I moved my lap-top to the front room.  PLUS looking at 2 screens at once isn't good for your eyes - or so I've heard.
Anyway, I know my blogging has slacked.
I really do want to keep up with the blog because it's the only way I am keeping track of the memories of Ellie and Jude's childhood.
And there are A LOT of great moments to remember.
Here is my attempt at catch up:
August

 Visit from sis and nephew! 
Seattle Great Wheel - check
 Champagne toasts - check (of course!)
 
 First Family Volkswagon Camping Trip.
We did it!  I actually camped in the bus.  All 4 of us, warm and cozy (good thing since it poured rain and there was a thunder storm) camping in the bus on Whidbey.  We did go out for dinner instead of cook since there was a burn ban in effect so I guess you could call it glamping
 
SEPTEMBER
 Big news - Ellie started kindergarten!  She was SO excited about her first day and has loved every minute of her first year.  Her teacher is exceptional and we love our school.  Feeling very lucky that her school is walking distance AND that we got PM kindergarten - which means we get to enjoy another year of leisurely mornings!
 Can you believe it?!?  We have a kid in Elementary School!!!
 
 And Jude started Preschool too!
He is in LOOOOVE with Teacher Betsy!
 

 Jude and his buddies - yes Wyatt is mid-pick
 
 At the end of September Drew and I got to sneak away to Lake Tahoe for a wedding.  It was an honor to see Brianne get married.  Brianne and her twin sister, Laurel, were my besties from childhood.  We called ourselves - The Triple Twins
 Drewby playing politician as we killed time before our plane ride home in the capitol city of Reno
 
Oh yeah - and my brother and sister-in-law visited!!!
 Don't these 3 look alike!  Ocampo blood runs deep!
 Sometimes I can't believe our luck - how did ALL our siblings end up on the East Coast???  Such a bummer!  But we sure treasure visits like this!
 
OCTOBER
Fall is here and it's crazy town around here with Halloween and Ellie's 6th Birthday next weekend!!  But the BIG news . . .
Ellie lost her first tooth!
Today at school she wiggled it until it came out.  Now tonight she fell asleep in record time waiting for the tooth fairy to come.
Can NOT believe my baby looks like a big girl with missing teeth
(and no that's not her tooth dangling in the photo but the little package the school nurse gave to her to take her tooth home - she named it "toothy" and is very proud)
 
Until next time . . . hopefully sooner than January . . .