So, as many of you know, we have been pretty busy lately relocating our family back to Seattle. Drew's job required him to away too often and he missed Ellie (and me) too much.
Boise was a wonderful city and we will miss it. Here are the top 10 reasons why . . .
#10: The weather! It is seriously always sunny in Boise and coming from Seattle THAT is a big deal. Even when it was a rainy day, at some point the sun would come out. I will sure miss the sun, especially since we have yet to see it since we've been home.
#9: No traffic! Again, coming from Seattle that's a BIG deal. It was so nice to not have to plan every trip out of the house around possible traffic jams.
#8: Our very own adventure. Drew has always lived in the Seattle area and I've lived here for 15 years, it was so nice to move to a new city and have an adventure together.
#7: Our neighborhood. Boise's North End was one of the best neighborhoods ever! I loved that it was flat (again, a huge change from hilly Seattle) and the houses were so interesting. We had a great time walking to Camels Back park and exploring our corner of the city.
#6: Our house. We rented a great little house and we will miss it so much. It was the house where I labored at home for many hours and where we brought Ellie home from the hospital. I have many fond memories here.
#4: Chandlers Steak House. Yum! Drew says it's the best steak he's ever had. But I loved the chocolate mouse.
#3: Idaho birth certificate. Since we only lived in Idaho for 8 months it will be a funny story to tell Ellie about why she has an Idaho birth certificate.
#2: The BEST birth! When we decided to move to Idaho my biggest concern was Ellies birth. I had so many connections with doctors and the hospital here I had a vision of how I thought my birth would go. It sure was fate that I met the best doula and best childbirth educator ever!! I really think I had the best birth possible and it was in huge part because of Kyndal and Jennifer. I never would have met them if we hadn't moved to Boise!
#1: Friends!! We met some great people in Boise. Kyndal, Ellen & Jamie, Erin & Matt, David & Cindy but most of all, our friends for life, Jennifer and family.
1 comment:
I'm SO glad we were able to help bring you all home again!
Post a Comment