The weather was beautiful this last weekend so we decided to head up to the mountains for a hike. Well, actually Drew wanted to go hiking and threatened (I mean, asked) me to come along.
I don't exactly love hiking. I would much rather go 'hiking' in the city, along with some window-shopping and a yummy lunch.
Ellie, though, seems to take after her dad and happily hung out in the ergo, falling asleep for most of it.
Yes, that's me looking very disgruntled at the fact that I have to wear the backpack. Before Ellie, Drew would pack all the gear by himself. And I wasn't too happy when I found he had hidden 2 beers in the backpack to have with lunch. But the return trip was much lighter with the beer in our bellies instead of on my back.
We never did find the lake we were headed to, apparently some bushwhacking had to be done in order to find it. With Ellie on Drew's back, bushwhacking was strictly prohibited.
It would be quite funny if someone was observing us hike . . . Drew is in his element . . . breathing the mountain air with a spring in his step. And I'm counting the minutes till we get to return to the heated car and later a warm bath.
Oh well, opposites attract right . . .?



3 comments:
Sounds like me and Mike...yes opposites do attract!
DA - I'm with you! Central Park is deep nature wilderness for me - then off to Saks 5th Ave for lunch ! Fresh Air - isn't that a new fragrance from Dior ! ?
well, grampa and I are hoping Ellie never gets the dreaded "nature deficit disorder" that so many American couch potatoes get!
love,
gramma
Post a Comment