Monday, January 3, 2011

Sweet Baby Jude

Little baby Jude is really settling into our family.

It's hard to remember life without him. But with this lack of sleep - it's hard to remember much of anything!

Drew is still off work and we are all getting quite used to having him around! It's going to be a serious reality check next week when I'm home alone with 2 KIDS!!

Normally, newborns lose weight after birth and then need to be back to their birth weight by 2 weeks of age.
Well, Jude turned 2 weeks old on New Years Day and he shocked us all by weighing in at 9lbs 1 oz! That's 1 pound OVER birth weight at 2 weeks!!!
Unbelievable!

Ellie seems to truly be loving being a big sis. If he's in his bouncy seat and starts to cry - she'll come running over to him yelling "It's OK baby Jude, I'm coming!"

Then she sings him songs or makes silly faces at him.

Do you think he realizes he's going to be one of her dolls until he gets big enough to throw a real fit??!!

He's such a little snuggler - I'm trying to soak up all the newborn sweetness I can!

2 comments:

Shaneen said...

ohhh!! what a snuggle muffin. he so stinkin cute. glad you're able to enjoy time with him even with the lack of sleep. :)
xoxo

Laura said...

Thanks SO much for the blog photos - we live for them, believe me!
love,
grammie