Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One day at a time . . .

Life has just been pluggin' by this week. And here is what we have been up to . . .
I've really been into cooking new recipes lately!
I know, I know. If you know me very well you know I regularly con my mum and Drew into making me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by pretending "I just can't make them as good as you can!" The best part it is . . . the act actually works.
So enjoying time in the kitchen is quite a personality shift for me!
I guess it comes down to the fact that when Drew gets home I'm ready for a break from the munchkin and cooking actually sounds like a minor creative outlet.
This weeks recipes have included caramelized vegetable and meatball stew . . . slow-cooker pot roast . . . chicken curry with cashews . . . banana bread and oatmeal muffins!
Speaking of creativity . . . I have been trying to spend any spare seconds (yes, seconds) on my favorite hobby. Yes, it's true, I love to scrapbook. Not only is scrapbooking my favorite way to be creative and artsy but it also provides little moments to sit and focus on the stuff that makes life great!
I made this page last weekend while Ellie took a nap on Drew's chest. Brrrrr! The weather has been very chilly lately, in the mid 20's today!! Yesterday, it snowed about 3 inches in the span of 1 hour but 2 hours later it had all melted! Gotta love the Northwest winters. This is currently Ellie's favorite book!! My mum and my Auntie Wendy MADE it for me when I was little. Ellie loves "feeding" the crocodile and snapping the shapes on the page.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think Ellie Belle might turn out to enjoy scrap-booking along with her mum!
XOXO,
gramma Laura