Thursday, March 26, 2009

Signs

Since Ellie seems to be taking her dear sweet time to start talking so we have been working on sign language a lot lately.

Here are her favorites . . . all animal related, of course.

Today, was also a big day because Ellie got her first big boo-boo. She fell off the slide at the park and bit her tongue. It's a pretty good gash and we thought she might need stitches but a friend who is a pediatrician took a look and thought it would heal on it's own. Thank goodness.

The biggest problem was getting her to stick out her tongue so we could get a good look at it.

Luckily, we just have to ask her "What's the sign for doggie?"

And she sticks out her tongue and pants.

2 comments:

moma said...

Good to do this with tomato sauce on her hands. Oh and rub it in the hair too! oh yuck kids are such a mess. Today Jules and I were just on the street outside our apt. and he pulls down his pants and starts itching his butt crack! I said you can't do that in public - he just replied " but mom I have an itch in my but" so innocent - whats a mom to do?

moma said...

It was so liberating when Jules learned just a few signs before talking. It is really opening that communication like never before. I never did the animals. She has it down - super smarty - cutie !