Friday, July 16, 2010

Camera found!

Yesssssss! Our camera has been found!
It occurred to me this morning that the last time we used it was when Drew took me Canlis for my birthday! We searched Drew's suit pocket and there it was!!!!
So here is a belated post . . .
My favorite birthday gift is always a trip to a fancy restaurant. I love getting dressed up, eating great food (and usually drinking champagne) and enjoying a leisurely dinner without a having to tell a toddler to sit down, be quiet and EAT 50 or so times.
This year Drew brought me to Canlis. One the fanciest restaurants in Seattle.
The experience was amazing!
It was as if we were the only guests - we never recieved a valet ticket and yet our car was waiting for us when we left. Drew told them when he booked that I was pregnant and they remembered and asked how I was feeling. I think we had about 3 waiters just assigned to us!
All dressed up with a little belly. I was only 13 weeks at this point but this dress really shows it off :) Wow! A delicious appetizer of cold cauliflower soup. It was so beautifully presented I had to snap a shot. Drew thought it was a little odd to take photos of the food
My entree - Nettle Tortolloni.
The color of the food was the most amazing part! The sauce was a true emerald green!
The bartender made a speciall effort to make me a delicious non-alcoholic drink.
My stipulations were - pink, not-too-sweet and in a pretty glass. Not nearly as good as champagne but still delicious.
Aside from having a serious head cold on top of my regular state of nausea it was a perfect birthday dinner!
Thanks Drewby!

2 comments:

moma said...

SO happy you have your camera back! This dinner looks spectacular. Thanks for the food pics - I can almost taste it. Great job on the birthday gift Drew !

moma said...

The photo of the two of you is beautiful. funny: You are both holding your belly as if the baby was going to fall out !