The weather this spring in the Northwest has been terrible!
Not only has it been overcast and rainy but it's been downright cold!!!
So with the prospect of sun during our holiday weekend pretty much non-existent, I planned a "Search for Summer" trip.
I looked up every city east of the mountains until I found one with a weather forecast that included lots sun and temps above 75!
Lake Chelan won and within 2 hours of booking our hotel we were on our way.
Yeah, for spontaneity!
Unfortunately, we clouds did not clear as predicted and it was cold, windy and cloudy in Chelan too. Poor Drew, I was not quiet about my frustration!
Drew and Ellie enjoyed the pool anyway but I shivered in a lounge chair!
Ellie is sure her daddy's girl, she couldn't care less that it was raining.
For being a spontaneous trip, we couldn't have picked a better resort. Our room had a pull out bed for Ellie, lots of kids pool toys and was right on the lake.
Luckily, we woke up to brilliant clear skies on Friday morning. Summer found!!
Ahhhh, Northwest summers.
1 comment:
So glad you (well, at least Drew and Ellie) had fun anyway, good weather or not - that's what we gotta do up here!
xoxo
grammie
Post a Comment