Tuesday, July 13, 2010

English 101

This kid is so verbal I feel like she's already speaking like an adult (and sometimes she sounds a lot like a teenager!!!)
Here is a sampling of her vernacular . . .
#1: Ellie while she's giving Drew a huge hug: "Daddy, you're my Clifford" (in other words I love you as much as Clifford the big red dog!)
#2: "Daddy and I were at the store yesterday and I bought some milk. Actually, to tell the truth, Daddy bought the milk."
#3: "Good morning Mommy. Did you sleep well?"
#4: "Mommy, I just licked your hair cuz it smelled good. But ya know what? It didn't taste so good."
#5: "I don't like dogs. Well, exept for the dogs I know. I like those dogs."

2 comments:

moma said...

Love these snippets of Ellie. Classic statements. I wish I had saved more of this for Jules'. Video please!!

Laura said...

Yes, Ellie is a very very smart little person, and we are going to have to stretch our brains to stay a step ahead of her.
Thank goodness she is as sweet as she is bright.
grammie